TRANSLATE / 翻譯 / TRADUCCION
Physical Education & health Page with Mr. kevin
Welcome to my page! Feel free to look around to learn more about what Physical Education looks like at PS 971. Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns. Thanks!
email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much to all those who helped donate to the American Heart Association for PS 971's First Annual Jump Rope for Heart Event! Our students and staff raised over $800 for a great cause! This event was topped off with a day of enjoyment with festivities and station activities. Students who helped raise funds also received their thank you gifts. Thank you so much again to all of those who helped make this day possible. We could not have done it without you :)
Students being leaders and taking Responsibility!! Every student in PE class will have the opportunity to have a different job and help run the class smoothly.
Click here to access FREE family exercise videos! .... (Great way to stay in shape)
Upcoming Events: Friday 6/16/17 - PS 971 Field Day - Leif Erikson Park (More Information to Follow)
Saturday 6/17/17 - Beginning at 10am PS 971 will be participating in Relay for Life of Bay Ridge, Bensonhurst & Dyker Heights at Poly Prep Country Day School. 9216 7th Ave. Brooklyn, NY. Come out and support our school and honor the lives that are/have been affected by cancer.
***To Donate to this cause, please refer to PS971.com homepage and click on the Relay For Life Link. ANY AMOUNT donated is greatly appreciated. We will be helping many people who so desperately need it. (Please email Mr. Kevin with any questions) Thank you for your continued support in our fundraising efforts. ***
SPRING HEALTH/SAFETY TIPS:
- Wash hands with lukewarm water and apply soap. Rub hands for at least 20 seconds, then rinse.
(Do not replace hand sanitizer for soap)
- Be active with your kids. Children need a total of 60 minutes of physical activity every day.
- Brush and floss teeth. Rinse with fluoride to help prevent tooth decay.
- Put on a helmet during outdoor activities including bike riding.
- Be a healthy Role Model. Show your child what it means to be Healthy.
- Get enough Sleep. 8-9 hours recommended.
- Apply sunscreen when needed.
- Listen to your Body!!
Spring is here!!!
Encourage your child to be active!
- Play outside (Monitor your child, Be safe!!!)
- Take a walk
- Throw a frisbee
- Go to the park
- Throw a ball (Play Catch)
- Get outside and enjoy the warmer weather & sun
- Eat healthy foods (Fruits & Vegetables)
- Drink plenty of water. (Stay hydrated)
Students in K-5 participate in healthy fitness assessments, click here to find out more!